Spartickes Dyes: Wednesday WIPS

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wednesday WIPS

It's been a few Wednesdays, but here are a few of my Works in Progress.  I lost my knitting mojo for a little while, but it's back with a vengeance!  I can't stop, which is a problem since I have The Wizard of Oz Club packages to finish up and a few more pounds of alpaca fiber to dye!

Just cast on tonight!  It is the first Wizard of Oz Club colorway-not yet released.  I couldn't help myself.  I'm making a hat (and maybe fingerless mitts) for Connor.  The colors are perfect for him!  The pattern is Welldigger by Polly Hammond.  Super easy to memorize.  I love it!

Socks of STEEL.  I've been knitting on these FOREVER.  The needle size is 1.  The yarn calls for size 2, and the material is so stiff.  I keep plugging away, though, because it is what my husband wants!  Plain vanilla pattern.  2aat Toe Up on yarn I dyed that shall not be named.

Hiwassee Creek Dyeworks Self Striping CMN Hansel and Gretel.  I'm using Emily Locke's recipe for socks: Vanilla Bean.  (I'm on a slip stitch kick, I think.)  I thought I was using size 3 needles, but they are size FOUR!!  Woah.  They are big and floppy, which is a nice change from the SOCKS OF STEEL.  I'm not too worried about wear because I am giving them to a friend who is VERY knit worthy.  She said that every day when she comes home from work, she puts on her jammies and then her hand knit socks.  I know she'll take good care of them!


What are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment