Spartickes Dyes: Works in Progress Wednesday

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Works in Progress Wednesday

For today's WIP, I've brought out a KAL from March.  It was hibernating because I messed up.  It's a lace shawl, and I kept counting wrong.  I tried tinking it back, but I still kept coming up with the wrong number of stitches.  I was most of the way through the second clue of this mystery KAL (of four).  Since I did not have a lifeline, I didn't see any other choice!

I'm really enjoying working with Picnic Knits' (Corina Ferguson's) pattern.  I think she is a brilliant designer.  I've been learning a lot.  I realize that there isn't much for you to see in the pictures, but hopefully you will get a better idea of the design next week!  

The yarn is my own.  I dyed my liberace base (75% superwash merino, 20% nylon, and 5% GOLD stellina) then overdyed it.  It is a one of a kind colorway from when I was trying to dye up the kits for the Zombie Knitpocalypse shawl that Swordofaknitter designed for the awesomely fantastic retreat put on by the Stockinette Zombies last month.

Evadine by Corrina Ferguson (excuse the hair on my keyboard-would you have noticed it if I hadn't pointed it out?)




I'm sure the beer will make this go around a lot more successful than the first....


2 comments:

  1. Love the yarn color, but I really love your beer choice. You have excellent taste in both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thanks, Andi. It didn't last long, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete